ws-dev mailing list archives

From Deepal jayasinghe <deep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Axis2 as TLP
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2008 18:21:18 GMT
Eran Chinthaka wrote:
> I hope I'm still not late to comment on this.
>
> I'm also with Sanjiva on this issue. Axis2 is just not Axis2 project
> alone. Axiom and others are integral parts of it. Couple of
> challenges/questions from me.
>
> 1. Let's take the Glen's proposal on two projects and list down the
> developers in each project.
Hehe , then what Apache should do is remove all the TLPs and their PMC's
and list down developers in different projects :)
The one idea of TLP is to build small communities and improve them ,
then automatically Apache as a whole will be improved.
> "If we can find people to man the PMC's and act as chair, sure, let's
> get more projects as TLP's"., will that hold?
If the project addresses a potential problem , yes we should.
If this is the case , then I think apache member level we have to take
some other decision , where there are a number of project doing the same
thing and they are considered as TLP.
> So is it worth doing this? I'm extremely sorry if I'm missing
> something, but still I can not see a compelling argument to move on to
> a new TLP.
As I can see you looking at the problem in differently , its not about
who is going to be the PMC chair , or whether we are going to become a
PMC in some other list. Its about get more visibility to the projects
and enhance the project.

-Deepal