ws-dev mailing list archives

From Lawrence Mandel <lman...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: XmlSchema/Axiom/Policy
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2006 16:39:46 GMT
John Kaputin and I have found a few problems in XmlSchema while developing
Woden [1]. We've fixed some but do have some outstanding issues such as
adding a URI resolver framework and clearly defining an XmlSchema API
capable of both reading and writing schemas. I'd be in favour of creating
a 1.0 release plan with goals to resolve some of the major issues adopter
projects such as Woden have as opposed to just declaring the current state
as 1.0.

Lawrence Mandel

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/woden

Dan Diephouse <dan@envoisolutions.com>
02/06/2006 11:05 AM
Please respond to
general

commons-dev@ws.apache.org
cc
general@ws.apache.org, axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject
Re: XmlSchema/Axiom/Policy

I will see if I can get some tests whipped up this week. But, I would
like to point out that this code has been tested. While not via unit
tests, it is used in Axis, XFire, and other projects - which says
something about its stability IMO. So I would be more in favor of doing
a 1.0 and then a 1.1 later.

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse