ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "Tuscany/Roadmap" by JeanSebastienDelfino
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 01:38:56 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by JeanSebastienDelfino:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Tuscany/Roadmap

- UNDER CONSTRUCTION, does not include the feedback from the discussion on the dev list yet
+ UNDER CONSTRUCTION

- I started to put together a list of items that I think we should support in our first SCA/Java
Milestone. The idea is to establish reasonable goals in terms of function and timeframe. I
also think that this will help people find areas where they can contribute, since this is
pretty broad.
+ Here is the roadmap and list of items that the group would like to work on for our first
Tuscany/Java Milestone. This is a summary of the "roadmap for the next few weeks" discussion
we had on the tuscany-dev mailing list (see ???).

- This is the updated roadmap including the feedback from the discussion we had on the tuscany-dev
mailing list.
+ ''Could the people in the group please add anything I may have missed or mis-interpreted,
and also add their names under the various work items that they want to sign up for? Thanks...
when we have enough names - and when I finally figure how to create tables with the tags used
on this Wiki :) I'll turn the list below into a table''

  == Core Module assembly model ==
    * align implementation with a subset of SCA 0.9 (the implementation diverges from SCA
0.9 in some areas today)
@@ -32, +32 @@

    * no conversational, no callbacks

  == Runtime architecture improvements ==
+   ''Jim, I tried to summarize the goals you developed on the mailing list, please feel free
to adjust''
    * remove Tuscany``Module``Component``Context``Impl, transition to new context architecture
and make sure model, loaders, builders, config and context are decoupled
    * Fix how proxying and invocation chains works, distinguish source and target proxies
/ invocation chains

@@ -41, +42 @@

    * both in the form of API and maven plugins

  == Bindings ==
-   * web Service binding using AXIS 2 (SOAP/HTTP, doc literal only, support for streaming)
+   * web service binding using AXIS2 (SOAP/HTTP, doc literal only, support for streaming)
-   * pluggable data-binding (start with regular Java objects and SDO)
    * I think that we can live with just a WS binding for now and look at the default SCA
binding later (maybe it'll just be a variation of the WS binding with some defaults anyway).
+   * pluggable data-binding working with AXIS2 (start with regular Java objects and SDO)
+   * investigate how we can leverage AXIOM to implement an XML binding for SDO (independent
of the web service binding)
    * JMS binding

  == Data Access Service ==
@@ -52, +54 @@

    * best-practice DAS sample (stand-alone and SCA-integrated)
    * datasource definition in config file
    * tools support - export metadata - return the SDO Types and/or write an XML file that
contains the types created from the config + resultSetMetadata
+
+ == SDO ==
+   TBD - ''Frank could you please jump in here?''

  == Extensibility ==
    * support contribution of a new binding (I'm thinking about a sample HTTP binding to illustrate
that)
@@ -69, +74 @@

    * J2SE

  == Samples ==
- I think we need samples for most of the items in this list to illustrate how various user
roles will use Tuscany (app. developer, assembler, deployer-admin, system-developer who wants
to extend or integrate with Tuscany) and help drive all this work from concrete scenarios.