ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "SummerOfCode/2005/RSSFeedGenerator" by jananda
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:56:15 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by jananda:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/SummerOfCode/2005/RSSFeedGenerator

       We begin to implements aggregator. It consisted with two main components. One is an
Axis dispatcher, which if service not found then EPR of any available service matching with
request, is sends back to client. This is a just module of Axis 2 .The only requirement is
keeping end point reference details on a global scope, which can access in any time any location.
  Second one is aggregation part . The Aggregator should have a capability of Hot aggregation.
Hot aggregation  means, it provide capability of adding Feed location in run time. Just in
time adding Feed, the EPR list ,Feeds and Feeds file location list should be updated. Hot
feed removing should be possible.

-  *Augest 15Th
+ *Augest 15Th
      The dispatcher part and many function of aggregator part is implemented.Hot feed adding
is implemeted and tested it.it provide capability of adding Feed location in run time.And
 Just in time adding Feed, The new Feeds show through our Aggregator servlet. It run in separate
Thread and periodically read each file and if any updates found ,then it add and show through
servlet in XML format.This also tested with Sage plugin in Mozilla Firefox and with Firefox
Thunderbird.
+
+ *Augest 22nd
+    The whole function of aggregation part are implemented.The function, we implemented are
shown bellow in brief.
+    •The Hot Feed adding and removing (Only Admin can do this), this means runtime adding
and removing is possible. When adding ,corresponding EPR list and Feed list are updated and
removing also worked same way
+    •Show available EPR and give two search operation, search by name and  search by operation
name
+    •Feeds are shown from both of XML and XHTML (In Html format, each feeds are shown under
its Feed channel
+
+