ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "FrontPage/Axis/UsingCommandLineTools" by Alexander Ivanyukovich
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2005 16:22:06 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by Alexander Ivanyukovich:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis/UsingCommandLineTools

  Can someone do unix versions of this please? - {{{Andrew Premdas}}} OK, see below.

  == Setting Up Command Line Tools ==
- We are going to create a few useful batch files for axis. It would be a good idea to store
these somewhere on your path. We will create
+ There are several useful batch files for axis we have created:

   * setaxiscp - sets up an evironment variable AXIS_CP which stores the classpath the tools
need
   * java2wsdl - runs java2wsdl
   * wsdl2java - runs wsdl2java
   * adminclient - runs adminclient
-  * tcpmon - starts the tcp monitor tool ('''XXX on my system, tcpmon is a GUI tool -- can
I run it as a command-line tool?''')
+  * tcpmon - starts the tcp monitor tool (it's a GUI tool, as far as I know you cannot run
it from the command-line)

- before we do this we'll set up the logging for the tools
+ The source code of these tools could be found below. It would be a good idea to store these
somewhere on your path.

  == Setting up Logging ==
- All the command line tools have logging, so we can create a simple log4j.properties file
to ensure the logging is initialised properly.
+ All the command line tools have logging, so you can create a simple log4j.properties file
to ensure the logging is initialised properly (it is a good practice to setup logging before
using AXIS).

  {{{
  # simple log4j configutation for axis #