ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "FrontPage/Axis/InstallWebServices" by JohnMGabriele
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2005 15:16:41 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by JohnMGabriele:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis/InstallWebServices

  You may install Tomcat and Axis according to the instructions that come with them. That's
the way I'm doing it right now on my Mac OS X system. For Fedora GNU/Linux, you usually install
everything using `yum`. (''XXX check if Axis comes with JPP or FC4'')

+
  == The easy way (using a .jws file) ==

  To install web service the simplest way possible, just rename the .java file to a .jws file
and drop it in your `webapps/axis` directory, as described in the Axis docs.

+
  == The standard way (using a .wsdd file) ==

- TODO
+ You can compile your .java file to a .class file, then put it into the `webapps/axis/WEB-INF/classes`
directory on your server.
+
+ Then use a .wsdd file (I used the one from `samples/userguide/example3` as a starting point
and modified it slightly) and deploy the web service using the AdminClient as described in
the User's Guide.
+

  == Verify that it's working ==