ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "FrontPage/Axis/InstallWebServices" by JohnMGabriele
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2005 14:53:04 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by JohnMGabriele:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis/InstallWebServices

New page:
== Installing, Configuring, and Deploying ==

You may install Tomcat and Axis according to the instructions that come with them. That's
the way I'm doing it right now on my Mac OS X system. For Fedora GNU/Linux, you usually install
everything using `yum`. (''XXX check if Axis comes with JPP or FC4'')

To install the web service, just rename the .java file to a .jws file and drop it in your
`webapps/axis` directory, as described in the Axis docs.

You can verify that your web service is installed by pointing your web browser to:

`http://localhost:8080/axis/MyWebService.jws`

To have Axis generate the WSDL for your service, you can click the link provided, which points
to:

`http://localhost:8080/axis/MyWebService.jws?wsdl`

To actually ''use'' the web service, you'll need to run a web service client. If the one you
wrote is called ''MyService'', you might go to a terminal window and run:

`java my.pkg.MyService foo`