ws-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RFC: ws-commons
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 07:26:05 GMT
On 5/2/05, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@opensource.lk> wrote:

> Oh from an Axis2 point of view there's another requirement .. we'd
> really, *really*, like the schema parser to be implemented using StAX.
> Otherwise we'd need to have 2 parsers around :-(.
>
> Is that a wet blanket on JaxMe and XMLBeans too? Well at least if we're
> talking to it thru some interfaces then the extra parser can be a part
> of a "poor" implementation; we'd just like to have one with no other
> baggage however.

First of all, I see no problem in mapping StAX to SAX. (The other way
would, of course,
be difficult without large buffers or an additional thread.) However,
the way the JaxMe stuff is written now, I can very well imagine to
create a StAX parser. This would, of course, be even simpler than
creating a SAX parser.

However, be aware that that would clearly be a vendor extension to JAXB.

Jochen

Inside of a dog, its too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)