ws-dev mailing list archives

From Anne Thomas Manes <atma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: reserved web space for names URIs?
Date Thu, 05 May 2005 12:57:21 GMT
Hmmm ...

A namespace URI is a name. Is "Sanjiva" evil? It seems pretty flat to
me, unstructured, and unresolvable wthout global knowledge. But it
seems to work pretty well. Pretty much everyone working in this space
can recognize and resolve the name "Sanjiva". The reason I like URNs
is that they aren't resolvable, and therefore it's clear that they
are, in fact, names.

But that's just my opinion. Who am I to argue with the likes of TimBL
and Tim Bray?

Anne