ws-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RFC: ws-commons
Date Sun, 01 May 2005 19:06:04 GMT

Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

> One thing I'd like to see in it .. a common model for XSD that is
> supported by both XMLBeans and JaxMe. Is that absolutely wishful
> thinking? (I know this is an XML project but since both the
> projects that have models are in the WS PMC its more likely to
> happen here than there.)

That's something we have discussed in the past. It is of course
reasonable and desirable. However, it is not as trivial as one might
think, particularly because the JAXB specification extends XML Schema
with scopes, that XMLBeans doesn't even know about. If these could be
added to the XMLBeans schema parser, then my guess would be that JaxMe
could use another schema parser relatively easy.

Problem is, I'd definitely spend no work in that direction, because
JaxMe clearly needs other things done first.

Jochen