ws-dev mailing list archives

From gene...@ws.apache.org
Subject [Apache Web Services Wiki] New: FrontPage/Axis/AxisServiceObjects
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 02:05:43 GMT
   Date: 2005-01-11T18:05:43
   Editor: ToshiyukiKimura
   Wiki: Apache Web Services Wiki
   Page: FrontPage/Axis/AxisServiceObjects

   Importing old wiki ...

New Page:

##language:en
'''Q: How does Axis create my backend service objects? Can I control this?'''

A: Axis supports a "scope" parameter on services, which can be set to "request" (make a new
object to service each request - this is the default), "session" (associate a new object with
each session), and "application" (all users share a singleton object). Refer to the Axis User's
Guide under Scoped Services for details.

WARNING: If you set the scope to "session" or "application", it is possible that multiple
threads of control may attempt to access your object's methods at the same time. It is your
responsibility to ensure that your objects are thread-safe in these cases.