ws-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Charith Dhanushka Wickramarachchi as a commiter
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 22:49:32 GMT
0. Since I don't know Charith personally, I can only base my decision
on the contributions and discussions on the public mailing lists. The
contributions other than the SMS transport don't give a clear enough
picture to evaluate if he is ready to commit code without prior
review. With regard to the SMS transport, what I notice is that there
have been almost no discussions, which either means that no review has
been done or that these discussions have happened in private. In both
cases there is no basis for me to give an objective opinion. Finally,
the fact that the normal voting period is 3 days doesn't give me the
opportunity to do a review myself.

I'm not voting -1 because there is also no reason to believe that
Charith's contribution will not be valuable. My personal opinion is
simply that Amila's initiative to propose him as a committer comes too
early.

Regards,

Andreas