ws-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Suriarachchi <amilasuriarach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Charith Dhanushka Wickramarachchi as a commiter
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2009 05:15:05 GMT
On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 4:19 AM, Andreas Veithen
<andreas.veithen@gmail.com>wrote:

> 0. Since I don't know Charith personally, I can only base my decision
> on the contributions and discussions on the public mailing lists. The
> contributions other than the SMS transport don't give a clear enough
> picture to evaluate if he is ready to commit code without prior
> review. With regard to the SMS transport, what I notice is that there
> have been almost no discussions,

which either means that no review has
> been done or that these discussions have happened in private. In both
> cases there is no basis for me to give an objective opinion. Finally,
> the fact that the normal voting period is 3 days doesn't give me the
> opportunity to do a review myself.

I think this work as started some time ago and you have enough time to put
any feedback.

Anyway. Please have a look at that code and raise any issues you have. This
will help him to get evaluated his work from another person as well.

What my point is we need to help people to get in. Rather than just
neglecting their work.

I think there is no hard rule to finish a discussion within 3 days. So Lets
wait to resolve any
issues regarding his work and continue with this.

thanks,
Amila.

--
Amila Suriarachchi