ws-commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Ajith Ranabahu" <ajith.ranab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] XmlSchema RC2
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 01:38:44 GMT
Dims/All,
Yes - this sounds ok. I will integrate the trunk and the branch and
see which jira's I can tackle with. Lets keep this weekend as the
deadline to cut an RC ?

Ajith

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 8:35 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 March 2008, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
>
> > Ajith,
>  >
>  > Let's reconcile the trunk and branch...post an RC from trunk and push
>  > it to closure. If Axis2 needs another cut, so be it. Sounds like a
>  > plan?
>
>  Yea.  First step is to get all the fixes into one place.   There are
>  fixes on trunk that aren't on the branch and vice versa.
>
>  Since this won't be done for tomorrow, I'm definitely OK with waiting a
>  week or so to try to address a couple of those jiras.
>
>  Dan
>

>  >
>  > thanks,
>  > dims
>  >
>  > Ajith Ranabahu wrote:
>  > | Hi Dan,
>  > | I was hoping to release as soon as the votes were in but for some
>  > | reason I did not get the required votes till a few days back. (I
>  > | poked the lists once or twice urging ppl to test it out and vote) To
>  > | mess up the situation further there are some new Jiras posted after
>  > | the RC2 [ Dims/Glen/Others - How should we proceed in this case ?
>  > | These Jiras were posted after I started the vote but the vote
>  > | dragged on and a release was never made. These are not hard to fix
>  > | but we seem to have the required votes for the currently posted RC2
>  > | ]
>  > |
>  > | I haven't merged the changes in the branch to the trunk yet but can
>  > | do it tonight (hopefully). Again sorry for the trouble. I see you
>  > | guys(CXF) planning to move up to become a TLP so lets see whether we
>  > | can settle this before that
>  > |
>  > | Ajith
>  > |
>  > | On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 3:19 PM, Davanum Srinivas <davanum@gmail.com>
>  wrote:
>  > |>  Hash: SHA1
>  > |>
>  > |>  Dan,
>  > |>
>  > |>  Can you please help identify the changes? Let's merge them in the
>  > |> trunk.
>  > |>
>  > |>  thanks,
>  > |>  dims
>  > |>
>  > |>  Daniel Kulp wrote:
>  > |>  | Well, that really sucks.  A month and a half of
>  > |>  | asking/hoping/begging for a release that fixes critical bugs
>  > |>  | that end users are hitting, and the release still hasn't
>  > |>  | occurred.....   :-(    We are planning to build a CXF 2.0.5
>  > |>  | release tomorrow and was kind of expecting that this was
>  > |>  | released.  Oh well.
>  > |>  |
>  > |>  | Next question: where should we be looking if  we're thinking of
>  > |>  | doing some performance enhancements.   trunk or the 1.4 branch?
> [...]

Ajith Ranabahu

Reading, after a certain age, diverts the mind too much from its
creative pursuits. Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain
too little falls into lazy habits of thinking - Albert Einstein