ws-commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Ajith Ranabahu" <ajith.ranab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] XmlSchema RC2
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 00:23:04 GMT
Hi Dan,
I was hoping to release as soon as the votes were in but for some
reason I did not get the required votes till a few days back. (I poked
the lists once or twice urging ppl to test it out and vote) To mess up
the situation further there are some new Jiras posted after the RC2 [
Dims/Glen/Others - How should we proceed in this case ?  These Jiras
were posted after I started the vote but the vote dragged on and a
release was never made. These are not hard to fix but we seem to have
the required votes for the currently posted RC2 ]

I haven't merged the changes in the branch to the trunk yet but can do
it tonight (hopefully). Again sorry for the trouble. I see you
guys(CXF) planning to move up to become a TLP so lets see whether we
can settle this before that

Ajith

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 3:19 PM, Davanum Srinivas <davanum@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Dan,
>
>  Can you please help identify the changes? Let's merge them in the trunk.
>
>  thanks,
>  dims
>

>  Daniel Kulp wrote:
>  | Well, that really sucks.  A month and a half of asking/hoping/begging for
>  | a release that fixes critical bugs that end users are hitting, and the
>  | release still hasn't occurred.....   :-(    We are planning to build a
>  | CXF 2.0.5 release tomorrow and was kind of expecting that this was
>  | released.  Oh well.
>  | Next question: where should we be looking if  we're thinking of doing
>  | some performance enhancements.   trunk or the 1.4 branch?    There
>  | certainly are a bunch of fixes on the 1.4 branch that don't exist on
>  | trunk yet.  That doesn't seem right.
>  | Dan
>  | On Wednesday 19 March 2008, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
>  |> Dan,
>  |>
>  |> I don't think so. FWIW, there were a couple of changes that went in
>  |> after this RC was cut.
>  |>
>  |> -- dims
>  |>
>  |> On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 2:01 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
>  |>> On Monday 03 March 2008, Daniel Kulp wrote:
>  |>>  > On Friday 29 February 2008, Ajith Ranabahu wrote:
>  |>>  > > Hi,
>  |>>  > > Since Dan has pointed out that our jars are missing a few
>  |>>  > > required txt files in the meta-inf folder, I've fixed that
>  |>>  > > error and posted another release candidate. There are no code
>  |>>  > > changes from the last RC except for the change in the build
>  |>>  > > script to copy the stuff to the right places.
>  |>>  > >
>  |>>  > > The signed and MD5ed artifacts are available at
>  |>>  > > http://people.apache.org/~ajith/xmlschema/
>  |>>  > >
>  |>>  > > Here is my +1 for this release
>  |>>  >
>  |>>  > I'm +1, but I'm not a WS PMC so it's non-binding.
>  |>>  >
>  |>>  > However, major thanks for pushing this.
>  |>>
>  |>>  Was this actually released yet?
>  |>>
>  |>>
>  |>>
>  |>>
>  |>>  --
>  |>>  J. Daniel Kulp
>  |>>  Principal Engineer, IONA
>  |>>  dkulp@apache.org
>  |>>  http://www.dankulp.com/blog
>  |>>
>  |>>
>  |>> additional commands, e-mail: commons-dev-help@ws.apache.org

Ajith Ranabahu

Reading, after a certain age, diverts the mind too much from its
creative pursuits. Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain
too little falls into lazy habits of thinking - Albert Einstein