ws-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] XmlSchema RC2
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 00:35:59 GMT
On Wednesday 19 March 2008, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Ajith,
>
> Let's reconcile the trunk and branch...post an RC from trunk and push
> it to closure. If Axis2 needs another cut, so be it. Sounds like a
> plan?

Yea.  First step is to get all the fixes into one place.   There are
fixes on trunk that aren't on the branch and vice versa.

Since this won't be done for tomorrow, I'm definitely OK with waiting a
week or so to try to address a couple of those jiras.

Dan

> [...]
> | dragged on and a release was never made. These are not hard to fix
> | but we seem to have the required votes for the currently posted RC2
> | ]
> |
> | I haven't merged the changes in the branch to the trunk yet but can
> | do it tonight (hopefully). Again sorry for the trouble. I see you
> | guys(CXF) planning to move up to become a TLP so lets see whether we
> | can settle this before that
> |
> | Ajith
> |
> | On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 3:19 PM, Davanum Srinivas <davanum@gmail.com>
wrote:

> |>  Dan,
> |>
> |>  Can you please help identify the changes? Let's merge them in the
> |> trunk.
> |>
> |>  thanks,
> |>  dims
> |>
> |>  Daniel Kulp wrote:
> |>  | Well, that really sucks.  A month and a half of
> |>  | asking/hoping/begging for a release that fixes critical bugs
> |>  | that end users are hitting, and the release still hasn't
> |>  | occurred.....   :-(    We are planning to build a CXF 2.0.5
> |>  | release tomorrow and was kind of expecting that this was
> |>  | released.  Oh well.
> |>  |
> |>  | Next question: where should we be looking if  we're thinking of
> |>  | doing some performance enhancements.   trunk or the 1.4 branch?
> |>  |   There certainly are a bunch of fixes on the 1.4 branch that
> |>  | don't exist on trunk yet.  That doesn't seem right.
> |>  |
> |>  |
> |>  | Dan
> |>  |
> |>  | On Wednesday 19 March 2008, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> |>  |> Dan,
> |>  |>
> |>  |> I don't think so. FWIW, there were a couple of changes that
> |>  |> went in after this RC was cut.
> |>  |>
> |>  |> -- dims
> |>  |>
> |>  |> On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 2:01 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org>
wrote:
> |>  |>> On Monday 03 March 2008, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> |>  |>>  > On Friday 29 February 2008, Ajith Ranabahu wrote:
> |>  |>>  > > Hi,
> |>  |>>  > > Since Dan has pointed out that our jars are missing a few
> |>  |>>  > > required txt files in the meta-inf folder, I've fixed
> |>  |>>  > > that error and posted another release candidate. There
> |>  |>>  > > are no code changes from the last RC except for the
> |>  |>>  > > change in the build script to copy the stuff to the right
> |>  |>>  > > places.
> |>  |>>  > >
> |>  |>>  > > The signed and MD5ed artifacts are available at
> |>  |>>  > > http://people.apache.org/~ajith/xmlschema/
> |>  |>>  > >
> |>  |>>  > > Here is my +1 for this release
> |>  |>>  >
> |>  |>>  > I'm +1, but I'm not a WS PMC so it's non-binding.
> |>  |>>  >
> |>  |>>  > However, major thanks for pushing this.

J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog