ws-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] XmlSchema RC2
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 19:06:29 GMT

Well, that really sucks.  A month and a half of asking/hoping/begging for
a release that fixes critical bugs that end users are hitting, and the
release still hasn't occurred.....   :-(    We are planning to build a
CXF 2.0.5 release tomorrow and was kind of expecting that this was
released.  Oh well.

Next question: where should we be looking if  we're thinking of doing
some performance enhancements.   trunk or the 1.4 branch?    There
certainly are a bunch of fixes on the 1.4 branch that don't exist on
trunk yet.  That doesn't seem right.

Dan

On Wednesday 19 March 2008, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Dan,
>
> I don't think so. FWIW, there were a couple of changes that went in
> after this RC was cut.
>
> -- dims
>
> On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 2:01 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
> > On Monday 03 March 2008, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> >  > On Friday 29 February 2008, Ajith Ranabahu wrote:
> >  > > Hi,
> >  > > Since Dan has pointed out that our jars are missing a few
> >  > > required txt files in the meta-inf folder, I've fixed that
> >  > > error and posted another release candidate. There are no code
> >  > > changes from the last RC except for the change in the build
> >  > > script to copy the stuff to the right places.
> >  > >
> >  > > The signed and MD5ed artifacts are available at
> >  > > http://people.apache.org/~ajith/xmlschema/
> >  > >
> >  > > Here is my +1 for this release
> >  >
> >  > I'm +1, but I'm not a WS PMC so it's non-binding.
> >  >
> >  > However, major thanks for pushing this.
> >
> >  Was this actually released yet?
> >

> >  --
> >  J. Daniel Kulp
> >  Principal Engineer, IONA