ws-commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Ruwan Linton" <ruwan.lin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Regarding WSCOMMONS-82 - DOMHASH implementation on AXIOM
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 09:02:29 GMT
Hi Ruchith,

Yes of course, but I have several concerns.

1. I am going to use this digest value for caching stuff, and if the digest
value generation time takes more time than invoking the method itself then
it is useless. Since we need to convert OMElement to DOM in this approach
(C14N) it will have some performance drawbacks I guess.

2. How about comments, my implementation of DOMHASH (That's the normal
behaviour of DOMHASH as well) dosent take comments in to account, which is
required for checking the equality of two OMNodes, for caching.

3. I dont know weather I am right or wrong here (I dont have a deep
understanding of C14N), but it takes namespace declarations in to account
and we need to neglect namespace declarations and subtitue the namespace URI
instead.

BTW, I have done the implementation and I think it is good to use something
in AXIOM rather than using some other (performance)

Thanks,
Ruwan.