wicket-users mailing list archives

From Roman Sery <romansery...@gmail.com>
Subject Getting access to AjaxRequestTarget
Date Sat, 08 Jun 2019 00:21:48 GMT
Hi, I have a question about getting access to the AjaxRequestTarget outside
the context of an ajax request.

What I'm trying to do is send some javascript from the server to the
browser from a different thread where RequestCycle.get() is not available.
>From within a WebPage,  Im using Redis pub/sub channels, to subscribe to a
channel on page load, and when there are publications to the channel, I
need to send some JS to the browser.

psudeo code:

WebPage() {
start listening to channel a123, callback Function = onMsgPublished
}

onMsgPublished(){
     //do something like this
     target.appendjavascript("alert('test')");
}

Any ideas or perhaps some other way to accomplish this?
I'm using wicket 8.4.  Thanks for any help!