wicket-users mailing list archives

From Maxim Solodovnik <solomax...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exception with Wicket 7.5.0 when FeedbackMessage is rendered
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2017 08:06:12 GMT
Hello Tom,

maybe you can create quickstart
http://wicket.apache.org/start/quickstart.html demonstrating this?

On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 3:00 PM, Tom Götz <tom@decoded.de> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> starting with Wicket 7.5.0 we get a WicketRuntimeException whenever a FeedbackMessage
is rendered in our global FeedbackPanel that we use in our pages. Everything is fine if there
are not messages, but as soon as there is any message to be rendered, we get this:

> org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: The component(s) below failed to render. Possible
reasons could be that: 1) you have added a component in code but forgot to reference it in
the markup (thus the component will never be rendered), 2) if your components were added in
a parent container then make sure the markup for the child container includes them in <wicket:extend>.

> 1. [Component id = message]
>
>               at org.apache.wicket.Page.checkRendering(Page.java:666) ~[wicket-core-7.5.0.jar:7.5.0]
>

>  Without any code changes in our application, this runs fine with Wicket 7.4.0. Any hint
where I could start looking what causes this?

> Cheers,
>    Tom

WBR
Maxim aka solomax