wicket-users mailing list archives

From Tom Götz <tgo...@decoded.de>
Subject Re: Exception with Wicket 7.5.0 when FeedbackMessage is rendered
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2017 08:36:00 GMT
Ok, that problem seemed to be related to the wicket-bootstrap library, which we also use. An
upgrade of that dependency from 0.10.7 to 0.10.16 solved the problem.

Cheers,
   Tom

> On 08.12.2017, at 09:21, Tom Götz <tgoetz@decoded.de> wrote:
>
> I have not tried, but I guess this only happens in our application’s setup/environment.
Just need a starting point for debugging, as something must have changed between Wicket 7.4.0
and 7.5.0 that causes a different behaviour in our app. Just asking here and hoping that someone
else might have experienced the same exception/behaviour …

>   Tom
>

>> On 08.12.2017, at 09:06, Maxim Solodovnik <solomax666@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Tom,
>>
>> maybe you can create quickstart
>> http://wicket.apache.org/start/quickstart.html demonstrating this?
>>
>> On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 3:00 PM, Tom Götz <tom@decoded.de> wrote:
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> starting with Wicket 7.5.0 we get a WicketRuntimeException whenever a FeedbackMessage
is rendered in our global FeedbackPanel that we use in our pages. Everything is fine if there
are not messages, but as soon as there is any message to be rendered, we get this:

>>> org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: The component(s) below failed to render.
Possible reasons could be that: 1) you have added a component in code but forgot to reference
it in the markup (thus the component will never be rendered), 2) if your components were added
in a parent container then make sure the markup for the child container includes them in <wicket:extend>.

>>> 1. [Component id = message]
>>>
>>>             at org.apache.wicket.Page.checkRendering(Page.java:666) ~[wicket-core-7.5.0.jar:7.5.0]
>>>

>>> Without any code changes in our application, this runs fine with Wicket 7.4.0.
Any hint where I could start looking what causes this?