wicket-users mailing list archives

From Илья Нарыжный <phan...@ydn.ru>
Subject Re: Wicket 8 GA for production
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2017 04:58:10 GMT
Andrea,

We would be happy to help with:
1) Translation of any articles/slides to russian and posting that on famous
russian IT resources. If you have any articles even right now which worst
to be translated: please send them to me.
2) A long with articles about Orienteer we can after switch to Wicket 8
write some "lesson learned" about Wicket
3) Performance: OMG, wickets performance is unbelievable. One company tried
to test performance of our application (which powered by Wicket): finally
they encountered into application server connection pool size, but response
time was almost the same (around 15% less). Test was on 350 concurrent
users with requests every second. That was amazing:)  30-70ms per page. So,
I deviated: we have in mind to write article just about wicket performance.

More ideas:
1) T-Shirts. Just make design and allow people to order from printing
company. Key point here: quality of the T-shirt.
2) Hackathons. If it will be nearby: will be happy to participate and help
with sponsors.
3) More "Try-Me" demo sites. In era of Docker you can build even gallery of
different open source apps which use wicket and make it available on-demand.
4) More articles with comparison: Wicket vs Vaadin, Backend or
Frontend/Wicket vs Angular JS, vs JSF, Tapestry, Spring, etc.

Guys, wicket has one extremely cool feature, which nobody else have: for
80% of needed technical features you can use either Wicket OOB or some
library from the ecosystem, but (!!!) if you need something from the
remaining 20% - wicket allow to do that for you! You can go as deep as you
want/need: need to rearrange dynamically HTML elements? - no problem! Need
to replace your textarea by some cool IDE on JavaScript? - easy! Need to
receive client side errors and log them on server side? -  Just a little
bit more of code:)

One more observation: modern front-end libs are repeating some parts of
wicket architecture/concept. You can find it in Angular, Vue, React and
etc. But all frontend libs has big disadvantage which can not be fixed:
security. It's impossible to enforce security just be frontend lib, you
have to go to backend for that.

Thanks,
Ilia