wicket-users mailing list archives

From Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PagingNavigation extension
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2016 11:51:18 GMT
Hi,

think org.apache.wicket.markup.html.navigation.paging.PagingNavigator#newNavigation()
should be improved. At the moment it is not possible to return different
component than PagingNavigation.
It would be better if the return type is more general, like Component or at
least MarkupContainer. Then the application developer can override it and
return a Panel with completely custom content, like in your case.
Please file a ticket for this!

The easiest workaround I see is to subclass PagingNavigator:

@Override
protected void onInitialize() {
  super.onInitialize(); // this will create the default "navigation"
(PagingNavigation)

   replace(new MyPanel("navigation")); // this will replace it with your
panel which will have textbox and whatever else is needed.
}

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov