wicket-users mailing list archives

From Manfred Bergmann ...@software-by-mabe.com>
Subject Re: Your opinion on ShieldUI
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2016 14:03:16 GMT
Sebastien wrote
> Hi,
>
> On Oct 6, 2016 15:22, "Manfred Bergmann" <

> mb@

> > wrote:
>>
>> martin-g wrote
>> > On Oct 5, 2016 7:52 PM, "Manfred Bergmann" <
>>
>> > mb@

>> > Dunno.
>> > Someone from the community contributed it a while back.

>> > I'd say - yes!
>>
>> Bootstrap has a very nice baseCSS. Is this applied to the standard Wicket
>> widgets automatically?
>>
>> If I want to use a widget from elsewhere, say jQuery or Kendo, does it
> clash
>> with it's CSS?
>
> All kendo css classes are "k-" prefixed, so I don't think there will be
> conflicts. For jQuery ui, there are "ui-" predixed iirc.
>
> Just a warning however, both frameworks are big/complete frameworks, so
> will end up with 2 big js and 2 big css...

Alright, yep. Understood. When mixing Kendo UI and jQuery UI. So at best one
should stick with one widget library.

The Wicket-Bootstrap integration, could I only use the layout part? Like the
Grid?
Does this make sense to use the full Wicket-Bootstrap integration then, or
would I be better off just putting in the required .js and .css.

Sorry for those possibly dump questions.
I'm more the functional UI and backend developer. This styling and layout
should better be done by someone else. But I'd like to understand how it
works.

Manfred