wicket-users mailing list archives

From ASHU_JAVA <ashu....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java wickets menu on image button
Date Sun, 02 Oct 2016 14:31:47 GMT
Hi Martin,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

My requirement is nearly complete, the only issue I'm facing right now is
*how to open the List link in new tab ?*.
Please find below my current code:

/SamplePage.Java/
add(new LinkPanel("navBar"));

/SamplePage.html/

/LinkPanel.Java/

/LinkPanel.html/

/style.css/

The output looks like below image:
<http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/file/n4675620/Wicket_2.png>

So, when I click on link it open in the same window.

I tried to change the *"LinkPanel.java" *code as below:-

The output now looks like below image:
<http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/file/n4675620/Wicket_1.png>

I'm able to now open the links in different tabs but the appearance is now
not in the list.

I think if the LinkPanel.Java code can generate an HTML like below it will
become perfect according to my requirement:-

Kindly suggest inputs on how to achieve it in my current code.
Thanks in advance.

You need to add the dropdown to the <li> element.
In the blog article you mentioned in your first email this is:  <li
class="dropdown" wicket:id="itemContainer">

The blog uses:
<li class="dropdown" wicket:id="itemContainer">
     <#>
     **

   <ul class="dropdown-menu">
         <li wicket:id="itemLinks"></li>
   </ul>
 </li>

You need to remove * and use   instead of .
In the Java code replace:

itemContainer.add(new Label("label", currentMenuItem.getLabel()));

with

itemContainer.add(new ContextImage("img", ...));

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov