wicket-users mailing list archives

From Martin Makundi <martin.maku...@koodaripalvelut.com>
Subject Blocking page serialization
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2016 07:48:14 GMT
Hi!

We have a performance issue with our Wicket app, page serialization causes
inconvenience to user because PageStoreManager.storeTouchedPages() blocks
the request until pageSerializer.serialize(page) has been handled.

Could this be solved by serializing the page in a separate thread and let
the request complete?

We have attempted to solve this before for 1.4x but it failed due to
thread-dependenciecs:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-5805

Any ideas how this could be solved with 7.x? This would bring a significant
performance boost on component-intensive pages. Simply using detachable
models does not solve the issue when the serialization of the component
hierarchy itself is slow.

Thanks.

**
Martin