wicket-users mailing list archives

From Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <reier...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: weird "Unable to find component with id"
Date Fri, 06 May 2016 05:55:42 GMT
Hi Martin,

Thanks for your answer.

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 8:36 AM, Martin Grigorov <mgrigorov@apache.org>
wrote:

> Hi Ernesto,
>
> Does this page use variations/style, e.g.
> ReplyToProjectRequestPage_custom.html
> ?

No there is only ReplyToProjectRequestPage.html: that was one of the first
things I checked. It's weird because:

1- There is no business related exception and I looked at wicket code and
nothing seems to be catching/swallowing any exceptions. It looks as if for
some weird reason wicket is at that moment not able find "main" on the
markup associated to page.
2- This page is called around 500/600 times per day and in two week this
happened 16 times. So it must be some extreme edge case... (e.g. first time
after a redeployment?)

Additional info:

1- On March 14th we jumped from 6.20.0 to 6.22.0. This feature was "there"
but was not activated.
2- On May 4th those errors started to happen (and around the same time
feature was activated).

So we don't know for sure if this is 6.22.0 related or not. I was looking
at changes from 6.20.0 to 6.22.0 and at first sight I could no spot
anything suspicious.

Anyway, we have migrated project to 7.3 and we probably will start using it
next week. I will report back any issues I find :-)

Thanks again!

--
Regards - Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro