wicket-users mailing list archives

From Don Ferguson <don.fergu...@gmail.com>
Subject Has anybody used WebSockets with an embedded Jetty instance?
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2015 16:05:56 GMT
I have an app built on Wicket 7.0,0 and Jetty 9.2.6 to which I am attempting to add WebSockets
(wicket-native-websocket-javax).  The app functions properly when running from the IDE, however
I have not been able to get web sockets to work when running from an executable WAR file.
 The main issue appears to be classloader related.  I’m struggling to figure out precisely
what classes need to be alongside Jetty in the system classloader, and what needs to be part
of the WAR.

Before introducing WebSockets, all of the wicket jars were in the WebApp classloader (WEB-INF/lib).
 However now some classes (such as WicketServerEndpointConfig) need to be in Jetty’s classloader.
 But if I put all of wicket in the Jetty's classloader, I get other problems.  Anyway, I would
really appreciate some guidance if anyone has sorted this out.

-Don