wicket-users mailing list archives

From Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Wicket roadmap
Date Sat, 07 Mar 2015 21:23:49 GMT
Hi,

Once 7.0.0 is released I think we should create a branch for Wicket 8 and
see what we could benefit of Java 8.
Having less verbose Wicket would be great! But not on any price! Lambdas
are both harder to debug and produce bigger stack, so we should decide
carefully.
Other things to consider:
- whether to use Optional for AjaxFallback** components. I don't remember
the exact reason why Igor's Optional didn't make it, but we may reevaluate
- use the new DateTime APIs for wicket-datetime (new Converters, etc.)
- ???

We should also ask the community what they don't like in Wicket and what
they would like to be added to make it better.

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov