wicket-users mailing list archives

From Karl-Heinz Golz <karl-heinz.g...@t-online.de>
Subject MarkupException after session time out
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2015 12:07:02 GMT
hello,

I'm faced with an error in following situation:
User opens a webpage (e.g. Page1), do some other things, comes back
after session time out and click some link (onClick-event) on the page.

Then following exception is thrown:

    at
org.apache.wicket.markup.MarkupStream.throwMarkupException(MarkupStream.java:526)
    at
org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.renderNext(MarkupContainer.java:1438)
    at
org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.renderAll(MarkupContainer.java:1557)
    at
org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.renderComponentTagBody(MarkupContainer.java:1532)
    at
org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.onComponentTagBody(MarkupContainer.java:1487)
    at
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.panel.DefaultMarkupSourcingStrategy.onComponentTagBody(DefaultMarkupSourcingStrategy.java:71)
    . . .

I try to avoid that like this:

public class Page1 extends WebPage {

  public Page1() {
    if (!UserSession.get().isUserSignedOn()) {
        setResponsePage(new StartPage());
        return;
    } else
        normalHandling();
  }
  . . .
}

I can see in log file that the if/else works as expected: the StartPage
is handled (but not shown).
But after that it tries to render Page1 again which throws the exception.

What I finally want is: users should be led to the StartPage after
session time out in any case.

Any recommendations how I should handle this are very welcome.

Many thanks in advance
Karl-Heinz