wicket-users mailing list archives

From Garret Wilson <gar...@globalmentor.com>
Subject Re: unable to find property UploadProgressBar.starting
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2014 18:04:36 GMT
I think I've found the source of the problem (even though I don't
understand the internal details). Our installer creates an uber-JAR that
has all the dependencies exploded and then placed inside a single JAR
file. I looked inside wicket-extensions-7.0.0-M3.jar, and it has a file
wicket.properties /in the root of the JAR file!/ Unfortunately,
wicket-core-7.0.0-M3.jar (and likely other Wicket JARs) also have a
wicket.properties file in their root as well. As you might guess, these
have conflicting values:

initializer=org.apache.wicket.extensions.Initializer

initializer=org.apache.wicket.Initializer

So when we create our uber-JAR only one of these wicket.properties files
wins and gets placed in the uber-JAR. The one we happen to have now
contains initializer=org.apache.wicket.Initializer.

I will check with the installer team to see if we can distribute the
application with all its dependencies as separate JARs rather than an
uber-JAR. But on Wicket's side, is it really a good practice to stick
some file in the root directory of a JAR, outside of any package, with a
name you expect to be identical across JARs but with different contents?
I naively would imagine that some better approach exists.

Garret