wicket-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Geery <andrew.ge...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: resource encoding troubles
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2014 03:22:03 GMT
I created a Wicket quickstart (from
http://wicket.apache.org/start/quickstart.html) [this is Wicket 6.16.0] and
made two simple changes:

1) I created a HomePage.properties file, encoded as ISO-8859-1, with a
single line as per the example above: copyright=© 2014 Example, Inc.

2) I added a line to the HomePage.html file as per the example
above: <p><small><wicket:message key="copyright">©
Example</wicket:message></small></p>

The content is served as UTF-8 and the copyright symbol is rendered
correctly on the page.

It doesn't look like the problem is in Wicket (at least not in 6.16).  I
guess your next steps would be to verify that you get the same results and,
assuming that you do, start removing things from your page that has the
problem until you find an element that is causing the problem.

Thanks
Andrew