wicket-users mailing list archives

From Tobias Gierke <tobias.gie...@voipfuture.com>
Subject Wicket AJAX & Google Chrome: Strange DOMException in Wicket.Ajax.Request.doGet
Date Wed, 14 May 2014 13:28:58 GMT
Hi,

I'm stumped by an error (DOMException #19, "A network error occurred")
that seems to have started with Chrome version >=31. In our Wicket
1.5.11 application I have some Javascript that issues an synchronous
AJAX call like this:

---->8---->8---->8---->8---->8---->8----
             var successHandler = null;
             var failureHandler = null;
             var channel = null; // use default channel
             var call = new Wicket.Ajax.Call(url, successHandler,
failureHandler, channel);
             call.request.async = false;
             call.call();
---->8---->8---->8---->8---->8---->8----

The URL I'm passing is a callback URL returned from
AbstractAjaxBehavior#getCallbackUrl(). The code works perfectly fine
with Firefox, Opera and IE but fails at least in Chrome 31 and Chrome
34.0.1847.137

Here are some (hopefully helpful) screenshots:

AJAX request: http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=cd02752
AJAX response: http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=525a2c2
Exception: http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=4e5e42b
Wicket AJAX debug panel: http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=ce33a01

What's really making me scratch my head is the fact that the Wicket
debug panel clearly shows the server's response/seems to have parsed it
correctly ... maybe the exception is not the actual root cause but
triggered by some error in a JS callback function ?

Cheers,
Tobias

P.S. I'm a Javascript novice so please have mercy if I did/overlooked
something stupid ;)<http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=cd02752>