wicket-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Renz <s.r...@efonds.com>
Subject Error handling in IResource implementations?
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2014 13:25:36 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently at loss: what would be the correct way signalling that a
IResource implementation encountered an error?

Here's the case:

I have a custom AbstractResource implementation that grabs an object
from a WebService. Getting information about the object (metadata and
ID) is one call, actually getting the content stream by ID is another.

In
org.apache.wicket.request.resource.AbstractResource#newResourceResponse
I get the metadata, and set the response properties accordingly (time of
last modification, content type, etc.).

Then, in the anonymous
org.apache.wicket.request.resource.AbstractResource.WriteCallback#writeData()
I make the call to retrieve the content. And here's the problem:

What can I do at this stage to inform the user a problem occured, i.e.
by forwarding to an error page (using IExceptionMapper)? Here, the
metadata is still present (database), whereas the file content
(filesystem) is gone for whatever reason.

Thanks for your help,
bye
    Stefan