wicket-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Guay-Paquet <ber...@step.polymtl.ca>
Subject Re: Append elements in ajax request
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2013 16:07:30 GMT
Hi Dan,

> You can render into a hidden div, then use some JavaScript to move them
> into view. Something like this which uses jQuery.
> response.render(OnDomReadyHeaderItem.forScript("$('#hiddenfeedback
> div').appendTo($('#visiblefeedback'));"));
Great idea! Thanks!
> That behavior doesn't seem exactly right though. If a form is
> AJAX-submitted twice with the same error, do you really want to show the
> error twice?
The feedback panel I'm referring to is used for session messages like
"Your email address was saved". They don't indicate errors with forms; I
have other fenced feedback panels that do that and I want them to only
show the most recent messages like you explained.

Some pages which display the session messages also have ajax buttons
that do minor actions and I don't want those ajax requests to clear the
catch-all feedback panel.

Thanks again!
Bertrand