wicket-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Renz <s.r...@efonds.com>
Subject Re: Mutliple forms - single login popup
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2013 09:12:36 GMT
Hi Jeff,

could you use an AjaxSubmitLink and treat unauthenticated users as a validation failure so
that you end up in #onError() of your link? That way, you can keep the submission login in
Form#onSubmit()...

Bye
   Stefan

Jeff Schneller wrote:
> Easy enough to implement when 1 form with submit button on page.  Much more difficult
when there are N forms with a submit button on a page.  Each modal would need to have a different
onSubmit() behavior so that the correct form is processed after the authentication occurs.

> On Sunday, July 14, 2013 at 11:38 PM, Paul BorČ™ wrote:
>
>> So what's stopping you from doing so again?
>>
>> You simply keep the same conditions, if not logged you show the modal pop-up with
the authentication form. User clicks submit on the login form and inside the onSubmit() of
the form/button you run your authentication and if it passes you post the data, if not you
give an error.

>> ~ Thank you,
>> Paul Bors
>>
>> On Jul 14, 2013, at 10:07 AM, Jeff Schneller <jeff@mootus.com (mailto:jeff@mootus.com)>
wrote:

>>> Paul -
>>>
>>> That is how I am doing it. But I want the buttons to always appear even if not
logged in. Then when clicked a modal is shown to login through a form and then the button
action is finally executed.

keep the ID of the user record from the db so that if I need the user POJO I can lazy load
it later (say to e-mail the user or to show the user's name under the My Profile page etc).

put on the page as a ListView. Each form has its own model and 2 buttons within it that perform
some action on its model. Similar to the facebook newsfeed where each news article has its
own like and comment button. I have a login form on the page being shown as a jquery modal
window.

is processed. I have code that works but only for one form.

in and if not logged in - show a modal login form, after successful login then perform the
business logic.