wicket-users mailing list archives

From Martin Dietze ...@fh-wedel.de>
Subject Re: May Ajax handlers in Wicket 6 slow down rendering?
Date Fri, 03 May 2013 08:59:34 GMT
Thank you for this very enlightening comment.

On Fri, May 03, 2013, Martin Grigorov wrote:

> There are many articles in the web about "javascript event delegation".
> Here is one of them: http://davidwalsh.name/event-delegate

This is very useful, it helps understand how this works in
principle.

> The idea is that you should use AjaxEventBehavior on the table component
> without using AjaxLink or any other Ajax component/behavior for the
> components in the cells.
> The cells and rows can have data-xyz attributes with their specific data.
> When a cell is clicked AjaxCallListener can collect the related data from
> the data- attributes and send it to the server. The #onClick() method can
> process the posted data or just broadcast it with Wicket event to the
> children components so they can process it themselves.

Maybe if anyone has already written Wicket code using this
pattern can point to some source code somewhere out there, or
else provide some code snippet as an example?

I must admit that I've so far been perfectly happy with
Wicket's Ajax abstraction and thus struggle a bit here...

Cheers,

M'bert

--
----------- / http://herbert.the-little-red-haired-girl.org / -------------