wicket-users mailing list archives

From Harrie Hazewinkel <hhazewin...@gmail.com>
Subject readering strategy of the 'head' section
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 07:55:53 GMT
Hello,

I recently upgraded from wicket 1.5 to 6. This is mostly not a real problem. However,
I believe that the complete change of the header render strategy is not compatible.
This is also mentioned in various places. Wicket 1.5 may not have been consistent
in for the header rendering, but why not trying to maintain some easy compatibility?

As Wicket 1.5 used a parent first render strategy, I can find still ways that Wicket 6
can support this. Why not supporting this in the applications settings either?

It eases upgrades of big projects and overcomes a way that there is a lot of code
to be added in Java. Wondering if more people believe a better support for the
ParentFirstHeaderRenderStrategy is wished for instaed of adding renderHead
code all over.

Or do I miss something?

Harrie
hhazewinkel@gmail.com