wicket-users mailing list archives

From Lucio Crusca <lu...@sulweb.org>
Subject Re: CompoundPropertyModel binding direction
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2013 10:39:58 GMT
In data Tuesday 19 March 2013 09:42:54, Sven Meier ha scritto:
> Hi Lucio,

> FormComponentPanels are an advanced concept and I'd recommend you extend
> org.apache.wicket.markup.html.panel.Panel until you really need the
> features of a FormComponentPanel.

Thanks that solved the problem.

> BTW your HomePage shouldn't keep a reference to another page (i.e.
> DetailPage), since Wicket serialized pages separately.

Well, to be honest I don't understand the full meaning of the sentence (why my
design conflicts with Wicket serialization), but let's leave that to Google,
I'll have a look.

However I'm curious to know if a possible solution would be to create the
DetailPage instance inside the onClick method of the Link, so that it becomes
a local variable that gets collected asap.