wicket-users mailing list archives

From Francois Meillet <francois.meil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Wicket dataprovider query / search time
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 08:14:02 GMT
I would not worry about the time the size() method takes. You don't get back any data and your
database is very efficient (I hope).
Either you use a compound object, or you create a dedicated method if your provider.
François

Le 5 févr. 2013 à 08:43, Rob Audenaerde <Rob.Audenaerde@Valuecare.nl> a écrit :

> The problem is that there are two calls to the DAO,  one for size and one for iterator.
They both take time. I can make these methods return compound objects that also return the
call duration, or wrap the calls in the DataProvider. I would also need a call to collect
this total amount of time. For this I could use a model that wraps a time collector variable
in the DataProvider.

> Op 4 feb. 2013 om 17:44 heft "Francois Meillet" <francois.meillet@gmail.com> het
volgende geschreven:

>> Try to collect the search method's duration in your DAO.
>>
>> François
>>
>> Le 4 févr. 2013 à 16:36, Rob Audenaerde <Rob.Audenaerde@Valuecare.nl> a écrit
:

>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I'm displaying (Lucene)search results in Wicket using a DataTable. The Datatable
uses a IDataProvider to populate the toolbars and cells.

>>> I try to figure out the amount of time it took to do the query. A typical query
involves calls to

>>> * size(...)
>>> * iterator(...)
>>> * model(..)
>>>
>>> What would be a good approach to count the time spend in these methods? I can
implement stuff like System.currentTimeMillis() in each of these calls, but what would be
the 'proper' place to do this?

>>> And also, I would like to display this time in a Toolbar, so somehow I should
make sure when the 'dataloading' part is done. Any hints?