wicket-users mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Neretin <dmitriy.nere...@googlemail.com>
Subject Problem with markup inheritance in Wicket 6
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 13:12:56 GMT
Hi Folks,

I have another problem during Wicket 6 migration. This time it is a problem
with markup inheritance.

I have an old wicket panel and appropriate markup file:
MyOldGoodWicketPanel & MyOldGoodWicketPanel.html

Markup file looks like this:

<wicket:panel>
 ... stuff ...
</wicket:panel>

Some months ago I needed for the same Panel another Markup, so what I did:

class MyNewPanel extends MyOldGoodWicketPanel {
    almost the same stuff
}

and an appropriate markup file:

MyNewPanel.html with following markup:

<wicket:panel>
 ... other stuff ...
</wicket:panel>

It worked pretty well in the Wicket 1.5, but now I get Exceptions, that the
components from the super class (MyOldGoodWicketPanel) are not found in the
subclass/ in the markup file of the sublclass...

Can somebody explain me what happened?

Regards,
Dmitriy