wicket-users mailing list archives

From "Emmanouil Batsis (Manos)" <ma...@abiss.gr>
Subject Deployment models (was: Re: Wicket job market)
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 01:58:06 GMT
On 02/04/2013 02:05 PM, Philippe Demaison wrote:
> What needs to be improved to get a wider adoption of Wicket ?

That is probably the most relevant subject IMHO.

FWIW, a largely disruptive factor is a new but increasingly important
business/deployment model, that of the cross-domain, embedded
client-side app.

Imagine you have an webapp that does XYZ and you offer that as a
service. You may want to allow your clients to embed this functionality
using Ajax+JSONP+cross domain (VS an iframe), i.e. embed your app by
offering a pure javascript client. That's what I'm currently missing
from wicket. This actually forces me to largely rewrite app by exposing
REST interfaces and patching up a REST javascript client from scratch
using something like backbone.js.

Just my 0.25.

Manos