wicket-users mailing list archives

From Martin Dietze ...@fh-wedel.de>
Subject Re: Migration issue: JavsScriptUtils.writeJavaScript() in onRender() does not seem to work with Ajax?
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 15:52:26 GMT
On Mon, February 25, 2013, Martin Grigorov wrote:

> > | AjaxCallListener myAjaxCallListener = new AjaxCallListener();
> > | myAjaxCallListener.onBeforeSend( return "for ( instance in
> > CKEDITOR.instances ) CKEDITOR.instances[instance].updateElement();" );
> >

> except the leading "return" all looks OK to me.
> Add some logging with console.log() and see what is available in the
> context.

OK, I got it, thought this would be nice to have in the archives
for others. First, the "return" was of course not from the real
code, I did some on-the-fly optimizing of the code to avoid
unnecessary complexity in this example before I posted it.

The culprit was basically the lack of three letters - "var".
The variable "instance" was not declared before use. While this
is totally fine when executed in the browser, it throws an
exception in the code environment in which Wicket calls this
callback. This way the code works:

| var instance; for ( instance in CKEDITOR.instances ) CKEDITOR.instances[instance].updateElement();

I had to ask my local JS guru for help, I would never have found
this one alone.

As I've run across a number of issues migrating from 1.4 to 6.6
now, I would like to suggest creating and continuously extending
a Wiki page, like: "Old patterns vs. New patterns", where we can
just add such things (as: for Ajax, instead of
JavaScriptUtils.writeJavaScript() inside onRender() use
OnDomReadyHeaderItem.forScript() in renderHead()), so that they
can be found more easily?

Cheers,

M'bert

--