wicket-users mailing list archives

From Carl-Eric Menzel <cmen...@wicketbuch.de>
Subject Re: Fundamental forms/models issue
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2013 18:07:07 GMT
On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 17:47:16 +0000
Michael Chandler <Michael.Chandler@onassignment.com> wrote:

> Good morning/afternoon everyone.
>
> I'm having a basic problem fully deciphering how to best manage my
> forms, specifically related to Models that are attached to forms.
> Since a Wicket WebPage has it's constructor invoked only one time in
> the application lifecycle, I'm failing to fully understand how to
> present a form that has a model bound to it without inadvertently
> sharing that instance of the Model with every user of the
> application.  It seems like a fundamental issue that I'm failing to
> fully grasp and could use some input.

There is the mistake: Page instances are *not* shared. Every user has
their own instances. There can be plenty of instances of any page at
any given time.

Pages get constructed any time *you* do it (by calling new MyPage(...))
or Wicket does it (when the user first gets to a bookmarkable page,
Wicket will construct a fresh instance by using either the no-arg
constructor or the PageParameters constructor).

Carl-Eric