wicket-users mailing list archives

From Sven Meier <s...@meiers.net>
Subject wicket 1.5 ajax replace and jquery memory leak
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2013 13:23:42 GMT
Hi all,

I'm investigating a browser memory leak in an application based on
Wicket 1.4.

We're using jQuery event handlers (qtip) on rows in a Wicket dataTable.
Each time paging of the dataTable is changed through Ajax, the web page
leaks jQuery objects and DOM nodes.
I think the cause for this is when Wicket replaces DOM nodes as a result
of the Ajax call, the jQuery cache is not cleaned up.

The problem should be the same with Wicket 1.5. With Wicket 6 it is no
longer a problem, since now Wicket uses jQuery to alter the DOM tree and
jQuery keeps care of its cache automatically.

So my questions are:
- Did I miss something, is there some interoperability layer for Wicket
1.4/1.5 and jQuery to prevent this?
- As we're using wiquery, is there some magic feature to make Wicket use
jQuery's replace functionality?
- Or isn't this a problem at all?

Thanks
Sven