wicket-users mailing list archives

From Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HTML validation
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 13:01:28 GMT
Hi,

I use Intellij IDEA and here is what I did to suppress those "errors":
File -> Settings -> DTDs and Schemas -> External DTDs and Schemas ->
Add button (+) -> URI = http://wicket.apache.org , Location:
/path/to/wicket-core.jar#META-INF/wicket-1.5.xsd

Now you should find how to do this in Netbeans.
Good luck!

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 3:45 PM, Lucio Crusca <lucio@sulweb.org> wrote:
> Hello *,
>
> I'm new to wicket. I use NetBeans 7.2/Linux.
>
> I'm trying to follow some examples, but NB doesn't validate wicket HTML files.
> Now I could live without validating them. However the NetBeans editor
> highlights syntax errors and that's a desirable feature, but it becomes an
> annoyance if any "wicket" string is seen as an error.
>
> For example, this file I copied from wicket examples:

> <head>
>     <title>Wicket Examples - Authentication</title>
>     <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style.css"/>
> </head>
>     <wicket:child />
>
> scores 3 errors in Netbeans plus some warnings.
>
> By the way, the w3c validator [1], fed with the same HTML files, reports the
> same errors of the Netbeans editor and then some. Both autodetect wicket HTML
> files as HTML 5.
>
> If I force them as XHTML 1.0 Transitional, by adding

> at the top and
>
> xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
>
> in the html tag, w3c validator finds "only" two errors and NetBeans takes it
> showing only a couple of warnings. This could be an acceptable workaround for
> me, but I wonder if I'm doing something basically wrong.
>
> Is there a way to write valid HTML in wicket?
>
> [1]. http://validator.w3.org/check

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development