wicket-users mailing list archives

From Sebastien <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Subclassing FormComponentPanel / propagating setRequired() to child components ?
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2012 12:06:20 GMT
Hi,

Don't think you have to propagate #setRequired() to child components
because the whole formcomponent is required. But I think you could overrive
#checkRequired() - which is not final - to fit best your use case (which is
called underneath by #validate())

Hope this helps,
Sebastien.

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 1:48 PM, Tobias Gierke
<tobias.gierke@voipfuture.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> With setRequired() being final, I'm not sure how to propagate a
> setRequired() call to my child components ... I found some discussion about
> the pro's and con's of having a final setRequired() method () (
> http://apache-wicket.1842946.**n4.nabble.com/VOTE-**
> setRequired-final-or-not-**td1903843.html<http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/VOTE-setRequired-final-or-not-td1903843.html>)
but I'm still not sure how to actually apply this knowledge.