wicket-users mailing list archives

From eugenebalt <eugeneb...@yahoo.com>
Subject Generically Append a JavaScript Method to all Buttons/Links Throughout App
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2012 16:39:24 GMT
We are using a JS library to "veil" our forms after the user clicks Submit.
(This is done to show a busy status, and prevent the user from doing
anything else until it's done.)

The veil is not a Wicket veil -- rather, we are using a separate jQuery
library. It's working fine. We have 2 apps, one Wicket and one not, so we
wanted a "neutral" JS-only veil solution that can be applied to both.

The problem is, the veil is called by doing an onClick="method();" on every
button and link.

The Wicket app is already written, and we don't want to go through every
Button and every Link (these are the 2 types of fields that should call the
veil) and add this JS method reference. Sometimes, some of our buttons will
already have some JS, others won't.

Is there a quick, generic way to always auto-append this, throughout every
page and every Button/Link, on an already-existing Wicket app? Any
recommendations? Thanks