wicket-users mailing list archives

From Sven Meier <s...@meiers.net>
Subject Re: Issues with default type conversion in 1.5
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2012 21:47:56 GMT
Hi,

Objects#convertValue()'s javadoc states that it returns null, if the
value can not be converted, thus your proposed change isn't valid for
most cases.

You could easily fix this issue in your application by registering a
custom converter for Serializable.

Since Objects#convertValue() does more actually than "convert[ing]
numerically" (as stated in the javadoc, it handles booleans and Strings
too), I think the method could be improved, e.g by adding another
if-statement to it:

                 if (toType.isInstance(value))
                 {
                     result = toType.cast(value);