wicket-users mailing list archives

From Carl-Eric Menzel <cmen...@wicketbuch.de>
Subject Re: Using a div/span tags for wicket components
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2012 16:42:46 GMT
On Fri, 21 Sep 2012 14:48:05 +0000
"Corbin, James" <jcorbin@iqnavigator.com> wrote:
> <input type="text" wicket:id="someId" …/>
>
> I would like to, instead, specify a span or a div in the markup and
> bind the TextField to that markup instead.

Why? A TextField needs to bind to an input tag, because that is what
the browser will render as a text field.

Of course, you could probably override TextField's onComponentTag to
not do the tag type check, if you wanted. Not sure whether that is
final (can't check right now).

But to be honest, at least right now I'm not seeing what would be
gained.

Carl-Eric